Saturday, March 5, 2016

Best homemade non-toxic shower/Grout/bathtub scrub

If you don't know already I am into green and natural living. This includes ditching all commercial cleaning product and DIY home cleaning products that are non-toxic and very inexpensive to make. I am constantly looking and experiencing different recipes online and once a while I would come across one that is exceptionally good that I would add to my to-keep list. Here is one of them.

I live in a rural area and we have very hard well water. That means my shower turns to pink and anything stainless steel will be covered in white mineral deposit. I've tried some different type of things to try to clean my shower but most of them require tons of elbow grease. That's until I found this recipe. It is so easy to make, and with a  scrubby pad I got from the dollar general, I was able to scrub down my shower to sparkly clean without much effort at all. One note is that hydrogen peroxide is very unstable, I would suggest whipping up a fresh small batch each time instead of trying to make a big batch and store it.

Here is the recipe:

Shower and grout cleaner
1/2 cup Baking soda
1/4 Peroxide
1 tsp dish soap

Mix the ingredients, and wait for a couple minutes/ The paste will slowly foam up a little bit and you are ready to go. Go make a batch and enjoy a sparkly clean shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment