Monday, April 25, 2016

Coconut oil Detox and my personal experience - Part 1

I have been using coconut oil for a few years. I believe in its many health-promoting benefits. The way I incorporate coconut oil in our daily diet is to add 2 to 3 tablespoon full in our morning oatmeal, I've tried using coconut oil for oil pulling a few times, love the benefit but hate how much effort it takes.

Anyway, I recently just learned about this new use of coconut oil, called coconut oil detox. Basically, you take about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil(must be organic, and virgin), every 2-3 hours, either in warm water or straight from a spoon. You do this until you got 10 -12 tablespoon at the end of the day. You are supposed to not eat any regular food but drink about 1 gallon of combined liquid. The suggested liquids are:

- Plain yogurt
- lemon water
- Kombucha
- ACV water (1 tablespoon per day diluted in water)

Why do I decide to try this? I am normally pretty healthy, don't have any known health problems and are not over-weight. My regular diet is usually pretty clean, with minimum processed food, However,  my family just went on a 2-week-vacation where we ate out almost exclusively. Since we are back, my husband got appendicitis and then after the surgery a bad infection. Of course, the doctor said that it just happens, for no particular reason, Yet I am not too sure the eating out for 2 weeks don't play at least a small part, like a trigger, or the last straw that broke the camel's back.

So based on that, I think it would be nice to do a detox. Right now my plan is to do it for 3 days, It might change based on how I feel, In the next couple days I will record what I did, how I feel and any side-effects on my blog. So if you are interested in doing a detox as well, but have are not too sure, stay toned!

No comments:

Post a Comment